Specialisation of the bachelor's degree Business Management
- Do you have a business mind and an entrepreneurial spirit?
- Do you combine creativity with strong organizational skills?
- Are you motivated by challenging deadlines?
- Do you get energy from entertaining people?
- Are you interested in the technical and strategical aspects of a business event?
- Do you switch easily between languages?
- Do you dream of a career in events?
You manage the various aspects of events in business : logistics, planning, catering, technical aspects, budget and sponsorship, marketing and communication. You participate in real events for business clients and learn to do what is necessary for the job.
You are able to think in business models always keeping the return in mind. You develop a business plan and are able to analyze a balance sheet. Your digital skills are outstanding and an excellent tool for the organization of each event. You communicate fluently in different languages and have excellent commercial skills. You graduate with a clear personal and professional profile.
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
- Practical courses
- Personal coaching
During the first year our focus will be on building your event skills through courses such as Innovation Lab 4 Events, Discovery Lab 4 Events and Sound & Light Factory . On top of these mandatory courses, you choose a foreign language: German, French, Spanish, Chinese or Dutch.
In addition, you will continue to develop your general business skills through courses such as economics, business communication, entrepreneurial management, business fundamentals, business intelligence.
The first semester of your second year focuses on management skills, financial management, entrepreneurship and global consumer trends. During the 'International Project' course, second year students go abroad to a dynamic city to analyze the local culture, work on a cross-border project and look at opportunities to organize a unique event abroad. In the second semester we will focus on your core business: event management.
Your third year consists of first-semester courses with a focus on practice and cases for real companies, followed by a traineeship during the second semester. During this 3-month internship, you will work on different event projects for real customers.
During the first year the Discovery Lab 4 Events is your initial test to put the theoretical knowledge into practice. In the second year you will get a taste of how events are conducted abroad. Finally, when you are on your internship during the final year you’ll get immersed in an entirely different environment. Where to go and what company to work for? The choice is entirely yours!
You can always count on personalized counselling and coaching at Thomas More. The programme managers Lieve Plasqui or Astrid Druyts will help you answer all of your questions related to your field of study. All questions related to your individual study program, exemptions or credits can be addressed to the study advisor Kristel Van Leuven.
Your lecturers as well will always be available to give advice or answer your questions. Don’t hesitate to contact them through e-mail.
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
- Discovery Lab 4 Events (6 ECTS)
- Business Fundamentals (6 ECTS)
- Enterpreneurial management 1 (3 ECTS)
- Procurement & supply chain (3 ECTS)
- Business Communication (3 ECTS)
- Process & project management (3 ECTS)
- Digital Toolkit (3 ECTS)
- Foreign language (French, German, Chinese, Spanish or Dutch) (3 ECTS)
- Event management & planning (5 ECTS)
- Innovation lab 4 events (6 ECTS)
- Corporate & social events (3 ECTS)
- Sound & light factory (3 ECTS)
- Economics (3 ECTS)
- Business Intelligence Fundamentals (3 ECTS)
- Personal Development (3 ECTS)
- Business Game (3 ECTS)
- Foreign lanuage module 2 (3 ECTS)
- Law 4 events ( 3ECTS)
- International Project (3 ECTS)
- Financial Management (6 ECTS)
- Sales (3 ECTS)
- Customer Ralations Management (3 ECTS)
- Management skills (3 ECTS)
- Ethical Manegerial problem-solving (4 ECTS)
- Intercultural communication (3 ECTS)
- Foreign Language module 3 (3 ECTS)
- 2nd foreign language (French, German, Chinese, Spanish or Dutch) (3 ECTS)
- Catering & Logistic management (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Experience Lab (6 ECTS)
- E-commerce & retailmarketing (3 ECTS)
- EU business topics (3 ECTS)
- Enterpreneurial management 2 (3 ECTS)
- Business Analytics (3 ECTS)
- Globalisation & International Marketing (3 ECTS)
- 2nd foreign language module 2 (3 ECTS)
• Global Consumer Trends (3 ECTS)
• Travel accomodations (3 ECTS)
• Techno4Events (3 ECTS)
• Portfolio (3 ECTS)
• Cost Calculation (6 ECTS)
• Sustainable Strategic Management (3 ECTS)
• Business Processes (ERP) (3 ECTS)
• Digital marketing (3 ECTS)
• Foreign language module 4 (3 ECTS)
• 2nd foreign language module 3 (3 ECTS)
- International internship events (27 ECTS)
Opleiding in cijfers
Waarom kiezen voor Business4Events?
100% English: Yes you can!
Thomas More has 5 English-taught bachelor degree programmes in order to make our high-quality education accessible for (foreign) students with high ambitions. You can join our English programmes after having proved you are reasonably proficient at speaking and writing English (level B2, European Framework).
Internationalization @ Thomas More
Thomas More participates actively in international networks in line with its different study fields. This is an ideal forum for trustworthy partnerships. Sometimes these partnerships are suggested by common partners or via project cooperation. Thomas More aims at partnerships in all Erasmus+ participating countries.