Space and Service Design
A service designer is a professional who designs the experience of users by improving interactions between the users and service organization, they purchase or use products or services from. A space and service designer does not only design the services but also the spaces, objects and communication system that make the service system really work. And that is exactly what you can learn with us!
- You will build on your BA or MA in design (industrial, product, graphic, service etc.), architecture, UX-UI, management, social sciences, tourism... with this fully accredited (60 ECTS) international postgraduate programme.
- You will acquire vital 21st-century skills: focussing on the users’ needs, co-creation with communities, developing a digital perspective, creating evidence-based and context-based solutions, teamworking and team leading, prototyping and testing, strategic thinking and working with constraints. effective intercultural collaboration and communication, agile working. This skill set equips you for success in navigating today's dynamic, diverse and interconnected world.
- You will work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams on real-life design challenges with real clients and end-users.
- You will expand your professional network with weekly Master Classes from industry experts, network events and work experiences.
- You'll push your boundaries and actively contribute to the achievement of UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- You will transform your design career or business aspirations to new heights via this one-year programme in service design developed in collaboration with the Department of Interior Design & Architecture.