Skip to main content

1. Diploma Requirements

You want to enrol for a full degree (3 years)
You will need to prove that you meet the conditions to start an equivalent course programme in higher education in the country where you obtained your diploma. Please note that candidates with a diploma obtained in a non-EEA member state may be set additional requirements.  If this is the case our admission services will contact you.

Even if you haven't obtained your secondary school diploma yet, you can already submit the application with your transcript of records of the last 2 years of study and a letter from your school confirming your graduation and then send us your diploma once it is ready!

Find a list of exemplary diplomas here. Do note that this list does not guarantee admission and is not exhaustive in any way. It is simply meant to help you determine whether or not your diploma meets our requirements. Can't find your diploma on the list? No worries, diplomas that are not listed will be assessed individually.

You want to enrol for an abbreviated/one year/short programme
Please check if you meet the additional specific requirements as listed below:

2. Language Requirements

You can prove you are reasonably proficient at speaking and writing English (level B2, European Framework), if you:

  • obtained a Flemish secondary education diploma or a Dutch VWO-diploma, MBO-4 diploma, HAVO + propedeuse
  • passed the ITACE test level B2 (in Antwerp, Leuven, Brussels or Ghent).
  • obtained the minimum score  on internationally recognised language tests such as Cambridge Assessment English (min 169) , IELTS (min 6.0) , TOEFL (min 79), TOEIC, SAT, Duolingo (min 110).
  • obtained an English-language diploma in secondary or higher education from an institution in one of the following countries: United Kingdom, United States of America, New Zealand, Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, Caribbean islands & South Africa. This implies that applicants who did not obtain their GCE A Level certificates in one of the countries above have to submit language test (cf. above) results. 

*as of academic year 24/25 English certificates older than 2 years will not be accepted

3. Identification

EEA students need a copy of their identity card or bio-page of their passport.
NON-EEA students need a copy of the bio-page of their passport.

If you are a NON EEA student who already resides in Belgium, then you will need to upload a copy of your Belgian residence permit as well.

Are you a refugee? Find more information here.